Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mother's Day Reflections & Care packages for those suffering a loss

Mother's Day is here again, and I know full well how painful this day can be for some.  If a woman is dealing with the loss of a child or her own mother, or even the struggles of trying to achieve, this one day can be a day not worth celebrating or a reason to be "Happy".

I have been there as well.  I have suffered 4 miscarriages, at various stages of pregnancy and I have been on the roller coaster of infertility for almost 15 years. Its because of that journey of emotions I am normally so guarded with how I bee-bop around in my own bubble on Mothers Day.  I am very protective of those women's feelings.  

Mother's Day is on a Sunday, so even in church you can't escape the talk.  You cant walk into walmart without seeing the whole floral department bursting with color, balloons strung on every shelf, the jewelry department has signs, the sales papers have reminders, and the grocery store has a sidewalk tent sale.  

I want to share with you a website called Through the Heart.  They have made it their mission to send care packages to any suffering loss and heart ache.  We want you to know your pain is real, but over time you can heal and cope.  If you know anyone who could use a care package please go to


No comments:

Post a Comment